Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grumpy days in winter

Its 7 am and the alarm goes
Struggling to even hear it go
Its too comfy in bed with toasty toes
But no, its time to Tally Ho!!

7 30 and it is panic mode on
Dont ask me about the last half hour
Have to leave soon and its not even dawn
Grumpy already, and increasingly sour

The underground madness to face, Drat!
Small pleasures in life there are
When you can scurry in like a mountain rat
Through the scores of people near and far

And finally get your own little space
Owning a pointy umbrella does help
Noone dares come near my face
Any closer, and poke I will and you will yelp!

Cold and wet and angry
I finally make it to office
Feeling so so hungry
The day already seems to lose its fizz

Everything I see today
Reminds me of my favorite food
Lunchtime is far away
So work away, trying to be good

Lunch goes and then comes tea time
A little bit of break to chat and breathe
And to write this nonsensical rhyme
Back to the grinding work it is

The hardest bit of work day
Is the last hour before it comes to a close
The sun sets and it is not so gay
I miss Vit. D's much needed dose

With my backpack I make my way home
Reversing my steps of the morning
Better mood and polite people some
My umbrella point is in hiding

A hot meal to end the day's misery
And a double series of Frasier
Makes me nice, warm and lazy
and bearing winter easier!!

Tomorrow maybe the sun will shine
In spite of the arctic winds outside
Depressing it is the cloud with rain
Sucks your soul from the inside

hope it is that keeps me going
Day after day in this season
Waiting for sun, and happiness
And any other warm reason!!

So long.

No comments: